Back pain includes lower back pain, middle back pain, upper back pain or low back pain with sciatica. Nerve and muscular problems, degenerative disc disease, and arthritis can result in back pain. Back pain symptoms may be relieved with pain medication or painkillers.
What are the symptoms of back pain?
Most people have experienced back pain sometime in their lives. The causes of back pain are numerous; some are self-inflicted due to a lifetime of bad habits. Other back pain causes include accidents, muscle strains, and sports injuries. Although the causes may be different, most often they share the same symptoms.
Symptoms of back pain can include:
- Persistent aching or stiffness anywhere along your spine, from the base of the neck to the tail bone
- Sharp, localized pain in the neck, upper back, or lower back — especially after lifting heavy objects or engaging in other strenuous activity; (pain in the upper back can also be a sign of a heart attack or other life-threatening conditions.)
- Chronic ache in the middle or lower back, especially after sitting or standing for extended periods
- Back pain that radiates from the low back to the buttock, down the back of the thigh, and into the calf and toes
- Inability to stand straight without having pain or muscle spasms in the lower back
about relief institute
It’s not enough to feel someone’s pain. As medical professionals, we felt a moral obligation to relieve all the pain and suffering by creating a free and easy way to connect you with the best physician specialists in the Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) area. A new road to recovery has been paved with world-class treatments for patients who need it most. Your healing process begins at The Relief Institute.
Relief coordinators respond to your specific condition and connect you to a local doctor to meet your needs.
Because our referring doctors use the latest technologies, your recovery time is dramatically decreased.
Our goal is to not only help you find relief, but also to provide information about your condition and treatment.